This event has passed, please check our latest events
Added by: GoldsmithsCI
Goldsmiths Confucius Institute for Dance and Performance is calling for entries to its Chinese Translation and Play Scripts Writing Competition. Prizes include winning the opportunity to create a live production of your script and 5 free sessions of a short course of choice.
Participants need to:
Translate either the synopsis of “The Injustice to Dou E” and the extract of “The Ballad of Mulan” into English. Write one scene of a play script based upon your translated synopsis.
Timeline and further information:
1. 25 April: Call for Entries
2. By 20 May: Submission of entries. Participants should submit the completed registration
form, translation and script writing entry as well as a statement for originality of the work
and copyright by email to email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. 1 June: Announcement of results and awards
1. Three entries will be awarded based on the best translation of the texts. Winners will
receive a certificate from the Confucius Institute, and their work will be published online.
They will also have an opportunity to choose one of the short courses offered by the
Confucius Institute (including Mandarin Chinese, martial arts, music and dance etc.) and
take 5 consecutive sessions free of charge.
2. There will be award given to the writer of the best script. The winner will receive a budget
of £500-£1000 to create a live production of their script. The winner will have the
opportunity to work with experts and professionals from the Goldsmiths Confucius Institute,
as well as have the possibility of taking their production on tour.